Friday, September 26, 2008

Better late

The time came, and went, for Cole's to go to school. I'm a little late blogging it, but these pics were too cute to ignore. Here he is, anxious for his first day of school. He already has the vocabulary. Trent's Dad gave a suggestion for the vegetable garden they work on together and Cole replied, "I concur."
Here is the bus stop rock!
Cole was so excited to get on the bus for the first time. Notice the cute sign the bus driver had out to welcome the kindergartners...
I went to the school so I would be there when the bus arrived. It was quite a wait, the bus was a half hour late! Here is Cole getting his name tag from Mrs. Oakeson, who is also in our ward, so I'll be able to check on Cole's progress and behavior every Sunday.
He was so excited to go in to class. For the first week though he continually told us he was bored. This was because he had to sit on the rug all day...sounds comfy to me. After they were settled into class and into a schedule, the children were rotated through what Cole calls stations. Some of these are Legos, toys that link together and magnet boards. I was worried that Cole would be too bored, the little genius knows some multiplication already. (Wish I could say I was responsible for that, but it's all thanks to the Montessori he attended last year.) I was second guessing our decision to hold him back, but now he's been in school for a few weeks, he loves it and I'm glad to have him home for half the day. I think he is enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and loves recess. So, we're all happy!

3 comments:

momof4azkids said...

I didn't cry when my first (Conner) started school. I bawled all the way home, though, when he stopped hugging me good-bye on the playground...too embarrassing.:(

Woodbury Fam said...

What cute pictures! Life just goes by too fast. I can't believe how big he is.

Nielsen Family said...

Aubrey its Leslie Kips wife, I was looking thru you blog because I wanted to see your cute new baby that I have heard about and he is cute but I also read about your psorias I have had psorias for a long time in my hair and under my eyes but this last year I had a bad outbreak all over my body. I went thur light treatment which helped clear me up, it is in my family so I will always have it I was just wondering how your was and if you will have it always or if it was a wierd thing that happened to you. Your kids are cute. What school are you guys going to?